Hey y\\\'all, it\\\'s Adam & Rebecca with another macro-friendly recipe. Today we decided to revamp a classic dish that everybody loves. This is our LASAGNA RECIPE MAKEOVER.
We managed to slash the calories, cut down on the saturated fat, reduce the carbs, and increase the protein. A recipe made in heaven.
Macros for 1 serving are: 500kcal 66P 35C 10F
Prep time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 600gr sliced aubergines
- 20g BBQ sauce
- 400gr raw chicken breast mince
- 100g finely sliced onions
- 100g sliced bell peppers
- 300gr polpa
- 100g grated light mozzarella
- 2 beaten egg whites
- ½ tsp. chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper
- Low-calorie fry spray
- Glaze the aubergine slices with BBQ sauce. Pan-fry the glazed aubergine in a non-stick pan until slightly golden on both sides.
- In another pan cook the onion & garlic until soft. Remove from pan, and this time fully cook the minced chicken breast. Add the onion and garlic to the browned minced chicken. Add the polpa to the pan and cook for about 5 min. Simmer until the sauce starts to thicken. Turn off the heat and season with salt, pepper, oregano, and chilli flakes.
- Grease a baking dish with fry spray. To assemble, start by arranging half of the grilled aubergines at the bottom of the dish. Spread half of the meaty sauce over the aubergine layer. Repeat layers, and top off with grated mozzarella. Evenly distribute the beaten egg whites over the mozzarella and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for around 30 minutes. Cool for approximately 10 minutes before serving.
Follow the latest post from Adam & Becca on: